Monday 30 November 2015

Christmas Truffles

This is such a simple recipe to make and I love the out come! No actual "baking" is involved - the oven stays off the whole time so this could be a great activity if you have children or if not still great fun for adults! These make a great gift and take no time at all to make, the longest part is the cooling - if you can resist eating the mixture! I have made these truffles for years and usually follow a little Christmas recipe book but I seem to have misplaced it! Even though I couldn't find the recipe book because I have made them so many time I managed to remember the recipe no problem! 


Things you will need:

300g of Chocolate - I used Stocbloc but any chocolate would work 
1 Egg Yolk 
2 Tablespoons of double cream
1 or 2 Tablespoons of any type of liqueur or spirit - I used Cointreau (optional)
Glitter, Cocoa Powder, Dessicated Coconut, Orange Zest, anything you fancy for rolling the truffles in. 

First you will need to melt the chocolate in the microwave for 2 minutes, constantly stirring. Once the chocolate is completely melted add the egg yolk, cream and liqueur (if adding) and stir until all ingredients are combined. 


This is the boring part! The mixture now needs to be cooled in the fridge for about 2 hours or until solid. At this point go make yourself your favourite hot drink (gingerbread latte for me), put on a Christmas film (Love Actually), put your feet up and relax! - It's Holiday season after all!


Now the fun part! Once the mixture has solidified you need to roll the mixture into balls and then immediately coat your truffles into whatever topping you like, I chose glitter because, well glitter!



If you try out the recipe I'd love to see your truffles! Either leave a comment below or use the hashtag #sophieschristmastruffles on Instagram.

Lots of Love, 

Sophie x 

No comments:

Post a Comment