Saturday 28 November 2015

It's The Most Wonderful Time of The Year


Today has been a wonderfully festive day! First stop was The Nutcracker Christmas Village Shop in Creiff near Perth. This is a Christmas shop that is open all year round which is great for someone like me who is part Elf! Today was my first time I have been and it certainly won't be the last. 


When I got inside there was a huge red twinkly Christmas tree that went right to the roof - I would love to have a tree that size, if only I had the space! The shop itself was set out like a German market in little wooden huts. In each hut there was a different theme; red, gold, pink, snowy, nativity scene and nutcrackers. Shockingly my favourite was the pink room even though it's not typically very Christmassy! I had a good look around everything before picking up everything I wanted. I mostly chose baubles for the tree and some The Snowman and The Snow Dog cupcake cases which I can't wait to use - expect a baking post sometime in the near future...





After having a spot of lunch (macaroni cheese if you were wondering) we had a look around the Creiff visitors centre - it was nothing special but nice to have a look around. The weather had now turned really bad - very sleety, so we thought it was best to head back up the road to Aberdeen. 


The rain and snow had stopped by the time we were back home so not to end the day short we headed to The Christmas Street Market in the city, which was based on traditional German Christmas markets. The atmosphere was great with lots of lights, Christmas trees and music. There was lots of tasty food too! In my opinion the market stalls were not great, but it was still a lovely evening out and will head back before the festive season is over.


Lots of Love 

Sophie x 

3 comments: